What to do if it rains on your wedding day?
Well just have fun, it is the one thing you have no control of!
I know this is a hard concept for the organised bride, the bride with the amazing spreadsheets and ‘to do’ lists. The bride who has researched and tested every element of her day, been counting down the days to her wedding. But the weather will do what the weather wants to do and rain or shine you will marry the partner of your dreams so why worry?
That is exactly what our real bride ‘Brie’ and her husband ‘Jack’ did when they took the trip down to Tasmania from sunny Brisbane for their dream wedding. Brie always knew the weather would be against them booking a winter wedding in Tassie, so her Aunt created a soft pink cape that complimented her Bertossi Brides ‘Danielle’ gown to keep her warm. But on the day, while the heavens opened they simply didn’t care. Brie took off the cape, stood on Cradle Mountain and threw her arms in the air.
Wild weather didn’t stop us from having the happiest day of our lives.
Here are a few tips to get you though a rainy day:
- Have a plan ‘B’ for a ceremony if you can.
- Think about hair and make up, pick a style that will cope with wild weather, a more relaxed look in the first place.
- Have a warm wrap, jacket or cape to put over you. Like Brie you might make it through the service with adrenaline but you will soon feel the chill.
- Supply umbrellas for your guests.
- If you know it is likely to be rainy think about opting for no train on your dress, if the ground is wet your gown will absorb the moisture even if you miss the actual downpour.